Twitch announces mobile device capture and broadcasting SDK
by Abdul Rob
Twitch is releasing a development kit for mobile device video capture and broadcasting software. This will as one may assume, allow for mobile devices such as smart phones and tablets to become part of the sphere of devices and platforms that you can expect to find on Twitch eventually.
I feel this is a great move on Twitch’s part, as mobile gaming has many great titles - beyond simply flavour of the month hits - that would work well with live broadcasting and possibly interaction down the line.
The SDK is to include the following
- The ability to capture and broadcast gameplay video and audio
- Video capture from the front-facing camera
- Audio capture using an internal or external microphone
- Videos can be archived for immediate viewing on Twitch and uploaded for sharing
- Broadcast quality can be toggled between High, Medium, and Low settings
- Robust chat options including emoticons badges and chat colors
- The easy discovery of related broadcasts from other gamers
I don’t even care if it’s macaroni, ramen or those little bowls you stick in the microwave. Please, I need reassurance that most of the population on tumblr WOULDN’T STARVE TO DEATH if their parents couldn’t fix them food or they couldn’t go out to eat.
Roses are red
And true love is rare
Booty booty booty booty
I before E
except when you run a feisty heist on a weird beige foreign neighbour
fuck the english language
fun fact of the day: there are actually more words disregarding that rule than following it